Thursday, January 1, 2009

I can't really act surprised...can I?!?!?

This year for New Year's Eve (as most years), we stayed in and celebrated in the warmth of our own house, watching the various countdown shows, and doing puzzles....because, well, we are lame like that...but we're okay with it. This year, I was actually enticed to go party, but with my surgery next week, I can't really risk getting sick.

With a minute left in 2008, we went out front on our porch, tried to decide what to follow- our cell phone clocks or the TV-and ended up counting down with the TV. We toasted, I with my champagne and Matt with his beer; then we kissed.

We had some spraklers to celebrate with (the heavy duty kind). I couldn't get mine to light and was holding the lighter quite close, so when it did light the flash burn took a quarter-sized layer of skin off..not bad, but painful. So there you have it, a minute into 2009 and my accident-prone self was injured! I can't really act surprised can I?!?!?

No comments: