Friday, April 10, 2009

One year older, and wiser too....

Well, maybe not the later. Sunday I got a year older, and I think I like this new number. 24 is not nearly as appealing as 23 was/is, but I think I will stick to this number a few years, until I can no longer get away with it (in the same fashion that some women are 29 or 39 for 10 years-sometimes more).

I normally don't make a big fuss about my birthday, but this year, we had some friends over for a small gathering. I enjoyed the night very much. We managed to forget to serve the birthday cake, and didn't get a single picture. But it happened, and when years from now I wonder why there's no pictures of my "first" 24th Birthday, I'll have to turn to my blog to remember.

It's easier this way, to stay one age for a while. When I start to think about turning 25 next year, the panicked pressure starts to rise in my chest, reminding me of all the things I've not accomplished that I thought I would have by age 25. So....rationally speaking, if I stay 24 come next spring, I don't have to panick about those things now....right?

2 comments:

The Demigoddess said...

When I turned 26 early this year, I really panicked. I thought about turning 30 in just four years and it really scared me. I feel like I haven't accomplished what I planned to accomplish at 25 and now, here I am already at 26 and still nowhere near the kind of person I hope I would be.I feel you. I will be 26 for another 10 years for sure. Age is just mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Happy first 24th birthday!

Brianna said...

Aw thanks :)

I ♥ that...."if you don't mind it doesn't matter".