Monday, December 22, 2008

Enjoy it While it Lasts

I must admit that while we have lived together, we sometimes want to do Christmas early. Last year, we opened gifts on Christmas Eve (it was after midnight, so don't chastise too much). Matt commented last night about wanting me to open one of my presents early. I contemplated it for a minute and decided against it, although I was severely tempted! I was also tempted to have him open one of his that I'm excited for him to have!

It got me thinking....we have to enjoy the spoils of being grown adults without children, while we can. Because....once we have kids, we won't be able to cheat on things like Christmas presents. Rather, we will have to be the enforcers of patience and rules!

(as I glance towards the pile of presents under the tree)

No comments: