Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Spoiled

I love this time of year. No, not because I want or like to be spoiled with Christmas presents. I swear! I actually have a really hard time with people asking “What do you want?” It makes me feel awkward, because there’s so much pressure to give an answer. I feel like giving any answer besides “nothing” sounds selfish. I know people have good intentions by asking, but Christmas and my Birthday make me anxious for this reason. And really...the other 11 months out of the year I’m fortunate enough that if there’s something I decide I really want, I usually buy it for myself (and 50% of the time I tell Hubs, the other 50% I slowly work items into my wardrobe as if I’ve always owned them, hoping Hubs won’t say anything-and if he knows he never says anything).

In the last week, multiple presents have been appearing under the tree for Hubs. He keeps telling me that it’s too much, and he hopes I didn’t buy him anything expensive, because he can’t afford anything expensive for me. Now, this frustrates me because I DON’T want anything really except for this one lavender eye mask ($20 at the mall). Secondly, I DON’T care if he gets me anything expensive…I just want to enjoy our first Christmas as a married couple, really! I’ve even racked my brain for ideas, as he too has asked what else I want. Umm…there’s this new CD I want by one of my faves. Besides, my presents to him last year were really lame, and his to me last year? Well a bad-ass camera….and oh yeah that big diamond ring on my finger :) So if it were a competition, I’ve got some catchin’ up to do!

REGARDLESS…

Honey, dearest, husband…it’s actually not a competition, and I want to spoil you for two simple reasons:

1) I love you, I love you, I love you!
2) The other 363 days (because you’re birthday doesn’t apply here) you spoil me rotten, with back scratches, foot rubs, bringing home treats I love, cleaning the house, etc without even me asking for these things (on most days anyway). Plus, you walk to work to save us money, because you see the bigger picture and are willing to sacrifice for it.

So... I’m freakin’ spoiling the hell out of you this Christmas...deal with it!

No comments: