Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Awwww Snap

I was recently prompted by our current situation to look at Matt and say "Holy shit! We're grown-ups!?!" And, no, this isn't at all based on the fact that I turn 24 in just over a month. [I know that's not old, but when I was a teenager, anything close to or over the age 25, seemed forever and a day away]

Sometimes life throws you curve balls, and you hit them, so it's a good thing.

My mother is investing in a job opportunity out of state, which means she's moving...out of state. [This comes after years of demands that her children not move/live out of state, because she didn't want to be far away from her (future)grandchildren]. She has graciously offered up her house to us [the upstairs since the basement is rented]. So....this past week has been spent planning the move, and since her house is not within a mile of Matt's work, he will no longer be able to walk to work. That meant we needed a second vehicle.

About four months ago we had been looking at buying a bigger vehicle for me [thinking ahead to the next few years when we start having children]. At the time, we decided that we would wait, until it was more affordable for us. Saturday we ventured out onto the car lots looking primarily for a commuter car for Matt, because we didn't really want to be spending too much right now. However, we found a brand new 2008 model of the same vehicle we almost bought four months ago.....for a $7,000 savings. Yes, $7,000 savings for waiting 4 months to buy it. Granted, we would have gone for the upgraded model with leather seats, but for $7k, I can deal with the cloth! [I will do a follow-up post with pics, when it's not raining on my new car!]

This is what hit me like a ton of bricks: we are buying new cars, moving, and really, seriously planning out our future. We were signing so many forms at the dealership like...well...like we we were

ALL

GROWN

UP

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Holy hell! Well, might I be the first to officially welcome you to the world of adulthood. Just wait til you sign for a mortgage. Good times! Congrats on all that. I can't believe I sit 3 feet away from you and I don't know half of that shit.

Kas said...

TAG you're it...

Check my blog