Friday, September 19, 2008

Frustration

I know, so many posts in one day about feelings....

Why oh why must the bath accessorie set we both loved from our registry no longer be available in stores or online? The towels we picked were to match the set, and I don't wanna pick a new one!!!! Oh and one of the color of towels on our registry got put on clearance so we have to pick a different color? So we find a new coordinating similar shade, but it doesn't look nearly as good as the 1st one, but we'll make do.

Frustrated, yes, because 6 months ago we already suffered through picking out towels, hand towels, wash cloths, bath rugs...in coordinating colors to match the bath set, and now again.

Call customer service? Okay!

Oh you're no help, you can get me the set, but it'll take 6-8 weeks. HA!HA!HA! You must not read my blog and know of my impatience problem, you want the link? No? Okay....wait what's that, because you no longer stock it, it's considered a "special order item" and you won't give me my completion discount on the set?!!! Hmmmm, you stocked it when I registered for it, but now I must suffer because I want to complete my registry...hmmmm.

So now I must choose, "special order" the set and wait 6-8 weeks, and pay full price. OR go through the painstaking process (yes painstaking! have you ever stood in the towel corner at Bed Bath & Beyond trying to pick the right shade of charcoal! It's unnerving! The rows of colored towels go all the way to the ceiling!) of picking out a new set to match the towels we already got. Choice B is highly likely to also come with the possiblity of not finding one to match and picking out towels for the 3rd time! Aaaaaaaaaaaand since we already used the "one-time-in-store" completion discount, I'd have to order them online and use my "one-time-online" completetion discount. (I haven't found out shipping lead times for online orders, cuz I don't wanna know!)

Did you also know that I am not a very decisive person either? Especially in situations like this where I'm frustrated and it's costing me more effort than I feel is necessary for towels and bath sets!!!!!!

1 comment:

H.A.M.A. Fam said...

They are just towells...take a deep breath and let Matt pick them out! :) Then next time you may enjoy it more! J/K Unless he is better at matching things then Brian!

Jenn