Sunday, October 5, 2008

Motivation for Home Ownership

Now that winter (and I say winter because really we just skip right over fall here) is upon us, I have run into some motivation for getting into a home. Besides the big factors, it's the little things, like an indoor washer and dryer. I forgot what a nuisance it is to plan doing laundry around the winter weather.

Our apartment building has one unit down around the back of the building (which entails going down 2 sets of stairs and skinny walkway that's never shoveled) or we can pay twice as much to go down the block to the laudromat. Either way, it's going through the outdoor elements, so there's the risk of soaking the newely cleaned clothes, and injury from carrying loads on slick surfaces. We have to do laundry when it's not too wet out, and when it's not icy in the parking lot. I had forgotten about that until I woke today, and it was raining again. I had planned to do laundry today, but mother nature smacked me upside the head for forgetting that I am not at liberty to plan a laundry day anymore, I am at her will.

I can't wait to have my own washer and dryer, indoors, at easy access!

No comments: