Friday, October 3, 2008

Stupid Debates

I'm really annoyed about the Presidential Debate, last week, and the VP Debate, last night. Granted, knowing the candidates positions are important, but do they really need to bump my prime time line-up? For those who know me well enough, I definitely watch too much TV during the week. I have my shows I love to watch Tues-Thurs nights. Due to the debate last night, I didn't get my dose of Grey's Anatomy, and am very grumpy now. I've waited (between the summer off-season and the lack of shows prior to that because of the stupid writers strike) for months for new shows! I finally get a 2 hour dose of Grey's Anatomy last week, only to turn on the TV last night and be disappointed to see that the VP Debate was on :( Booooooooooo! Why must you push my shows out of the way? (Well at least the debate was followed by a new episode of Ugly Betty, another of my faves) Can you not do the debate on a Friday when there is almost nothing good on TV? I mean seriously, I work my butt off all week at work and all I'm asking for is new episodes of my favorite shows when I get home. Isn't it enough that the rest of the time, the commercials are inundated with political ads, and the "Big, Top of the Hour, Breaking News" stories are consistently about the candidates or the economic crisis status?

I can't wait for November 4th to arrive so that: a) the ads, debates, etc stop b)so I can do my part and vote for the next President. (Although a few months down the road regular broadcast will be interrupted for the Presidential inauguration and speech.....vicious cycle that it is)

P.S.
I did actually find the debate informative and entertaining (not as much as Grey's Anatomy would have been), merely because it reaffirmed where I stood with the candidacy I, personally, plan to vote for. (cough, cough 8 is enough)

No comments: