Saturday, October 11, 2008

Winter is Upon Us

Winter is here. So I want to share my favorite things about this time of year.

*the first day you turn on the heater, even the smell of it (i know i'm weird)
*the smell in the air: fresh, crisp, cold, you can smell the leaves
*being warm under the blankets, but breathing in cold air
*long sleeves
*warm, comfy socks
*pumpkins
*pumpkin pie, with real whipped cream of course (yum!)
*warm hearty meals, that somehow taste better and seem more filling
*the first snow of the season that makes me feel like I'm 5 years old again
*cuddling next to Matt for heat
*holding hands with Matt with gloves on (it just has a wintery romantic feeling)
*unbundling from the layers of clothes after going out into the snow
*going out in the snow; outings always seem more adventurous


I complain a lot about how cold it gets, and how hot it gets here, but I really do love winter. I just wish I didn't have to commute in winter weather. I hope to go skiing this year, if at least just once. There is something so refreshing being on a snowy mountain, that it's worth the aching leg muscles afterward.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only like winter for about two weeks, but that's an awesome list. A few of the things remind me of fall, which I LOVE.

Brianna said...

rachel,

we don't really get a "fall" season here, we pretty much go stright from summer to winter, even though some are in regards to more "fallish" things.

Brent and Shanna Farley said...

So with wanting to go skiing this year, are you going to jump off the ski lift again? :)