Monday, October 13, 2008

True Love

I have a great story to tell of Matt's true love for me...or desperation...you decide.


So Saturday I'm sitting at home watching copious amounts of mindless television, when Matt called from work. Now, he rarely calls me while at work, even if he's on a break. He sounded a little bit frantic, and I was confused about what he was telling me about trash. He tried to, although scared and guilty sounding, explain that he thinks he lost his wedding ring. He can't find it in the trash at work, and can I please go check in the shower? Sure enough it was sitting on top of my shampoo in the shower.

The funny part your wondering? I found out later, he was very frantic when he noticed it missing and immediately started digging through their trash bins in the deli, thinking it must have come off when removing gloves. He dug through 4 giant trash bins, with some help of his co-worker (also a married man, who knew that Matt would be in trouble if they couldn't find it). Lastly, he thought maybe he left it in the shower the night before, and resorted to calling me to check. He said he was totally freaked out, and thought I was going to be really upset. Which, if he had really lost it, yeah, I might have a little (seeing as he'd only had it four whole weeks). His is only a few hundred to replace compared to mine, so it could have been worse.

So this lovely man I call my husband dug through 4, yes 4, giant trash bins looking for a little ring! True love and devotion or desperation? I think it's funny that he dug through trash FIRST, then called to see if he'd left it at home :) So my vote is for a little of both :)

1 comment:

Brent and Shanna Farley said...

I understand this completely. Brent lost his ring during the summer. He works construction so who knows where his ring could have been. We looked everywhere. Finally like weeks later after looking for it and praying. We randomly found it next to the computer. :)